Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Monday, July 19, 2010

What's to Come


It has been hectic. I have about 1.5 hours each evening when children are in bed. Do I post a blog? Write a freelance article? Go to the gym? Pay bills? Respond to e-mails? Respond to FB? "Who do I leave hanging," I ask myself, including my husband who I haven't seen all day.

It's been a few days since I put anything new up.  So here's a recent shot from their 4 year pics. The girls had their birthday, which they share with grampa. Dave and I had a 12 year wedding anniversary. I'll post some pics, some stories, and get back on track. As for tonight though, this is it. David is waiting for me in bed. He fascinates me, distracts me, and quiets my mind so I can sleep.  I'm talking, that is, about David Sedaris, author of "Me Talk Pretty One Day."  It's a good read, those 11 of you who follow me. Give it a try...

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful photo of the twins!

    I know what you mean about the time. Lately blogging has won out. Although the freelance writing sounds fascinating.. How does one get into that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story :D. I really enjoy your writing, Shannon. Even better that it's your "life happenings". Sounds fun and stressful all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly,
    At the moment, I do freelance writing with DS. I'm working on a couple articles to try to get published in local magazines, but I am going to be consulting with someone from "The Loft" in mpls for how to try to get an "in" in getting published.

    Hi TG, my old friend,
    Thanks for your kind words. How's your bloggin' going? You had some good entries....

    ReplyDelete