Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Friday, October 14, 2011

Mother-of-the-Year "Onboarded"

Yes, I am still alive (though quite possibly soul-less as I have begun my new job that is not only in corporate America, but as a behavioral health care manager at a large insurance company).  This past week was my first week.  Long story short -- it works, for right now.  More to come in another blog...someday...

And while I would much rather catch up on things and hit the gym, tomorrow I head to an all day Baby Expo with a colleague and friend where we market our mental health and parent coaching private practices.  I'm putting together a little something for the attendees that includes the below quotes.  I thought I'd share them below...it's all I've got time for now.  (And may I just send a shout out to K -- a super(working) mom.  Thank you for the gift card for lunch out...You just won't let me not take care of myself, will you?  I hope you've started Zumba and while it might initially leave you breathless, I think it will ultimately help you get your breath back and help your (big) heart).





Parenting quotes.....

  • When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen.  When they're finished, I climb out.  ~Erma Bombeck                                   
  • The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents.  ~John J. Plomp
  •  Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell, the name will carry.  ~Bill Cosby                                                                                                                               
  • If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says "keep away from children."  ~Susan Savannah
  • It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge.  ~Phyllis Diller
  • Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.  ~Robert Fulghum                                                                                
  • The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.  ~Lane Olinghouse                                                               
  • Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.  ~Robert Brault  m
  • I love to play hide and seek with my kid, but some days my goal is to find a hiding place where he can't find me until after high school.  ~Author Unknown 
  • The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents.  ~John J. Plomp
  • No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids.  ~Bill Cosby           
  • Parents are not interested in justice; they are interested in quiet.  ~Bill Cosby
  • The trouble with having a stubbornness contest with your kids is that they have your stubbornness gene.  ~Robert Brault                                                     
  • Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox                                                                                         
  • Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.  ~Robert Fulghum                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment