Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Friday, July 22, 2011

We Built it, They Came

Fairies exist if you believe.  I know that Dave believes in fairies...apparently -- on the planet he lives on -- fairies are the ones who clean, maintain the home, do the laundry, and make homemade dinners.  Ella, on the other hand, is humoring this whole fairy-garden thing stating in a huffy manner, "Fairies don't live here in Minnesota!  They only live in Disney World."

I'm pretty sure fairies exist.  I may not know if there is a God, but I've felt the effects of fairies.  There is one particularly annoying fairy who -- somewhere in the laundry process -- steals one sock out of each pair.  She drives me insane.  Then there's the fairy who flicks me on the head with her wand, knocking my short-term memory out temporarily which results in wasted trips up and down the stairs and thoughts such as, "Now, why am I here? What was it I was going to get?" 

And what about the fairy who eats the last cookie in the house...or even the last slice of pizza?  That chick has to have weight issues -- either that or there are several of them in my house because I am forever hunting for food that I thought was there only to find it gone without anyone willing to take the blame. 

Are all fairies so naughty?  I know Tinkerbell has a bit of an edge to her.  I wonder if she is any indication of the rest of the fairies? 

I guess we'll find out soon enough....




Andi's fairy, sitting in the shade of her mushroom...

Sophia's fairy sitting in the plants, watching the "babbling brook"

Ella's fairy -- very mischievous it seems


Look at their little clothes line!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great - I'll work on making a real water stream for it.

    ReplyDelete