Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Skating

The girls got skates this week.  I bought an orange thing they could use to keep their balance while they learned to skate.  I figured skating would be a really hard skill and with only one of me out on the ice to assist, we were going to need something else to hang on to.  But the twins refused to use the orange stand.  Ella shoved it to the side and took off skating and turned around and giggled at me like a mad woman.  Sophia was pretty graceful, gliding along on her skates daintily.  Andi ended up using the orange thing to push around and keep her balance, though she preferred my hand. 

Yes. I put helmets on all three of them.  You never can be too careful with those tiny little brains.  My time spent as a therapist for TBI patients witnessing the devastating and lasting effects of a family bike ride gone wrong have made a permanent impact on me. Aside from my fears of germs, reptiles, the dark, my children dying of cancer, or myself developing a debilitating disease, I fear injuries to the brain.  I seem to have gotten sidetracked...

Here's the pics...


No comments:

Post a Comment