I go to the gym for a few reasons:
2. Reconditioning and strengthening
4. Mood-boosting effects of exercise
Lately, though, my visits to the gym have not provided me with an escape. Here's whats been going on:
1. It is an all women's gym. GROWN UP WOMEN ONLY. Not to be sexist or anything, but I thought that besides feeling less self-conscious there, I could also expect to find that people had picked up after themselves and PUT EQUIPMENT AWAY where it BELONGS so I can find it.
but no, just like at home, I can't find what I need when I need it b/c elves or something HIDE things in ODD places.
2. Contrary to impulsive little children, I expect adults to have manners. This is not the case, as I found out the other night when I was leaving and a woman YELLS at me to "Shut that door all the way and be sure it locks when you leave."
excuse me? can you say please? how about NOT yelling? or here's a novel idea, if you are so paranoid that I am incapable of shutting a door, walk your thunder thighs the five feet over to the door after I leave and make sure it is shut to your liking.
3. It's my locker, so stay out of it. That means, do not put random headbands and barrettes in MY locker and then leave MY door wide-fucking open after you have rifled through MY pants and MY coat. And why would you go through those things INSTEAD of my purse?
that just screams 4 year-old behavior at me, but instead, it was a grown woman who also knocked the lid off the garbage can and left it lying on the floor for me to TRIP over because who expects that at the gym?
Seriously children, I mean, women. COME ON! I'm on the verge of twInsanity and I. Need. A. Break.