Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving by ourselves.  We keep it a pretty low-key holiday.  Some years we celebrate on our own, other years, we join up with friends who don't have family.  Turkeys never turn out for me, so we roasted an 8-pound chicken, whipped up homemade potatoes, candied yams, gravy, and green beans -- especially for Andi.  Dave just can't let go of his need for Stove-top Stuffing, so it also had a place at the table even though it wasn't homemade. 

While I spent the day cooking, Dave watched the girls and football.  Sophia helped me make a homemade pumpkin pie; Ella elected to make a Chocolate Truffle Cake with Ganache. 

It was a warm, cozy day and we learned that Ella and Sophia were thankful for "my family."  This is changed from last year in which Ella was thankful for "mashed potatoes" and Sophia just wanted to know "when is Thanksgiving coming to visit us?"

When asked what I was thankful for, I said "Healthy children and a healthy family," at which point Andi's COUGH attacked her and she lost her breath as her lungs nearly drowned in phlegm.

Still...you know what I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment