Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Love Brown

I am not a native Minnesotan and I hate the winters here.  They don't sit well with my mood. I didn't realize how much I hated them until this winter.  It has been mostly brown and temperate as far as a northern winter goes.  With brown all around, my mood is less blue compared to the white winters of recent past.

The lack of snow this winter helps me feel less claustrophobic.  Less anxious.  Less depressed from feeling trapped on a frozen tundra hell.  We have a few more days of warm left, and then I hear that we are diving back down to the teens.  At least there is no snow coming in the near future...knock on wood, if the creek don't rise, cross our fingers hope to die, and God willing. 


Who'd have thought Andi could test-drive her Christmas present in January.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your happy about not having the white stuff...not so much here. ;) Granted it has been nice to get outside in better weather!

    ReplyDelete