Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Big Dave

Dave, also known as "Big D", "Big Dave" or "D!", celebrated his birthday this week.  The girls and I didn't give him a gift.  A few weeks ago he went out and purchased items he wanted for a soccer team he's decided to join and he indicated that the investment would suffice as a gift.

I attempted to explain Dave's choice to the girls.  Sophia, with her blond hair and big blue eyes looked at me for a moment and then asked, "Does he know what he got himself?"

Yes, he does.

Andi and I did pick him up a bag of trail mix the day before his birthday so he would have a little something for a surprise, but since Andi takes after me as far as keeping secrets, she promptly told him on the noon phone call we do daily, "I got you MM's!"  He still didn't know it was trail mix -- so it wasn't a total bust...

But then he came home from work and saw the bag sitting on the counter with his cards.  Woops.

I felt the need to redeem myself and Andi -- so after the girls left for their 2nd day of school, Andi and I headed to the raspberry farm and picked 4 pints of berries to make jam.  We also went to the store to get ingredients to make a marble pound cake.  I spent the afternoon baking and vowing not to tell my business partner -- a nutritionist -- that there were SEVEN cups of sugar in the jam we made! 





No comments:

Post a Comment