Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer Winds Down


I've been training Sophia to be the perfect housewife, but as summer winds down, all good things must come to an end. 

But fall brings fun things, too.  Like going to the apple orchard and then making homemade applesauce...










Before summer winds down, though, we made a trip to Izzy's.  This ice cream store was listed as the best ice cream store in the cities. 




And in our very last day before crossing the threshold from mommy's little babies to children who attend public schools, we attended kindergarten orientation.  Sophia's teacher had a quiet demanor with a laid back, unstructured orientation while Ella's teacher was full of hugs, circle time with singing and dancing, and animated engagement with the children. Oh dear...I guess it wasn't such a good idea to have the girls meet each other's teachers.  Shit.  I imagine things will be fine...and this is just one more of the little things a multiples mom deals with...Sophia wants Ella's teacher (and can we blame her?)



 In orientations, I had to fill out paperwork stating my expectations for their learning for the school year.  I didn't really have any...I just hope that they meet expectations, explore the world, find their passions and reach for the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment