Humor is also a way of saying something serious. - T. S. Eliot
Quotes

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Moving Forwards Part 2

Today is Day 4. I was supposed to pay attention to what happened today (see prev post). Looking back over the day, it was strung with running errands, breaking up fights, feeding, cleaning up, and lamenting about all that I wouldn't get done. Pretty typical. And I have also had some waning confidence in developing myself as a writer. I thought about how the desire to achieve perfection, rather than what is good enough, often freezes a person so that nothing at all is achieved. Still, I moved forward even though I didn't know what to write. I got on my blog. I wrote. I checked another blog, and there was a reminder... a saying that I think I needed to be reminded of, because I desperately want to believe it.

"When you follow your bliss....doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors." Joseph Cambell

2 comments:

  1. There is not a successful person in the world who has not had that crisis of confidence. It'll pass. Or maybe it won't. Maybe you'll spend your whole writing career never thinking your writing is very good. But you will have a writing career, if you want one. Think about how hard it is to write anything, including your address, with kids running around, and the feeling that you should be doing something else,all while being completly exhausted. Then re-read your posts. Despite everything, they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, not only is that an encouraging response, it is eloquently put. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete